Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pancake breakfast

This morning was the annual pancake breakfast at Fern Hollow. They invited me to come and do some photos for them. Here are some of Jake:

Matt was unable to make it because he was at his acting class.  Jake was treated to all-you-can-eat pancakes and local maple syrup - currently his favorite food.  He has been eating pancakes just about everyday, sometimes twice a day.


They had some old-timey games.  This was a timed run around a course of cones - once around with the wagon and once around with the weighted buckets.  Jake must've tried about 10 times to break the record and didn't want to leave until he did.  I don't know where he gets his competitiveness.



This is a shot of the breakfast taken from the carriage museum.



He couldn't believe how big the cars and carriages were.


They had three tapped maple trees with one bucket uncovered so you could see the sap.  I wondered if he'd ever eat syrup again after seeing how it's done.  He did, at dinner.



Another game that he wouldn't stop playing until he finally won.  You had to flip leather pancakes onto a plate.


As we were leaving I stopped at the table to look at the brochures.  I found Matt's picture on the nature playdate flyer.  We got a big kick out of that.  I took that photo last summer, I think at the first playdate we went to.