We finally moved last weekend. It was probably one of the worst weekends we've ever had, but thanks to some good friends and grandparents, the job got done.
Matt has been having some problems with his appetite for awhile now. Last week he stopped eating altogether and had to see the doctor. They put him on meds for an ear infection and some new stuff for his reflux, but by last Friday he was a puke machine. Of top of those difficulties, he also got the flu. So.... Guess who else got sick on moving day?!?!
We put the move off until Sunday. Grandma Karen and Grandpa Frank drove in to help with Matt. It took four guys (two of them were sick), nine hours, and one shitty U-Haul (the battery died in the driveway...) to get all of the big stuff to the new place. We left behind a lot of little stuff, thinking we could make a few trips back and forth throughout the week. Needless to say, nothing has gone as planned.
I woke up with a very sore back on Monday morning---even though I didn't lift anything during the move except for Matt. Matt was also still throwing up on Monday, so Tuesday we both had doctors appointments. My back turned out to be fine and the pains were just leftover from having the flu. Matt, however, had lost almost a pound in a week from being sick and they referred him to GI specialist for the reflux.
Yesterday (Thursday) he was STILL throwing up, so I took him to the emergency room for some tests. Of course it took forever to be seen, and, of course, he projectiled all over the couch in the waiting room. When the doctor finally saw him, she acted like I was wasting her time bringing a baby with reflux to the ER. To humor me, they did some minor tests and took an x-ray, but she said that all she could see was that he had bad acid issues and needed to see a specialist. Just as I was telling Chris what a bitch she was, she poked her head back into the room and said his tests came back positive for a urinary infection. Her whole attitude changed and I guess I was no longer wasting her time. Now he's on another med for this infection and a stronger dosage of meds for his stomach.
He has an appointment with a GI specialist next week. Things can only get better, right???